Monday 5 August 2013

On Building an Individual Identity

On Building an Individual Identity

LIFE’S LITTLE ETIQUETTE CONUNDRUMS;
I am a divorced mother of two who’s getting remarried soon, and I’m unsure about my name change.  I could use my maiden name, take my fiance’s name, hyphenate my maiden name and my fiance’s name, or hyphenate his name with my first husband’s name.  Is it too weird to hyphenate my ex’s name with my new husband’s to have the same last name as my kids?

This is a thorny question faced by every divorced mom who remarries.  Nothing is “too weird” unless it is to you.  Keeping  your  kids’ last name is indeed a convenience when it comes to school or doctor appointments.  But identity trumps convenience.  Who are you?   A re yu Mrs. Maiden Name Hyphenated?  Are you Mrs Ex-Wife Crossed with Mrs New Wife?  Or Mrs All-New Wife?  You need to answer that and pick the name that best represents it.  As for your kids, I can assure you that children survive divorce, remarriage, and parental renaming (along with other twists and turns of life) as long as they feel loved.

The world's longest flower is quite the stinker.
The flower goes by the name Amorphophallus titanum or Titan arum but is commonly referred to as the Corpse flower as it gives off the smell of rotting flesh to attract pollinators.
The Corpse flower can reach over 12 feet in length and weigh up to 175 pounds when it blooms.

stink0618_730am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk8kEMaRN3g







It’s big, it’s beautiful, and it stinks. We know it’s fascinated people for well over a hundred years but it’s probably been fascinating for many thousands of years before that. This plant is so rare and so exotic that every bloom makes headlines around the world and the only place to be sure to see a bloom from this mystifying beauty is at one of the many formal botanical gardens cultivating them. Many avid gardeners consider the sight a once-in-a-lifetime spectacle, an event worthy of pilgrimage.
Don’t let it’s name fool you. The titan arum is a flower both exotic and beautiful. The problem is its fragrance. The intriguing flower’s not-so-pretty name comes from the fact that it stinks. It smells like rotting flesh.
One little stinky flower might not draw a lot of attention but the corpse flower is not a little flower. During its flowering phase, when it is most aromatic, the bloom can be more than eight feet (2.5 meters [m]) tall and ten feet (3 m) wide. That’s a pretty exotic statistic in and of itself but there’s so much more to this spectacular plant.
Am 'I' comfortable with 'me'?  Its easy if I am others oriented!
It's easy when your customers can get brand-name
products like these for up to 99% off retail!

No comments:

Post a Comment