Friday 2 August 2013

International Friendship Day


“Faithful friends are a
sturdy shelter, whoever finds one finds a treasure. Faithful friends are beyond
price, no amount can balance their worth. Faithful friends are life saving
medicine, those who fear God will find them”(Sir 6:14-16)

“The wicked can have only
accomplices, the volutuous have companions in debauchery..princes have
courtiers. Only the virtuous have friends” Voltaire.

“There is no greater love
than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. You are my friends if you do
what I command you. I no longer call you slaves, because a master does’nt
confide in his slaves. Now you are my friends, since I have told you everything
that the father has told me” (Jn 15:13-15)

August 4th is
International Friendship Day. It is not always easy to find good friens and it
can often take a lifetime to find one. A good criterion of an excellent and
faithful friend is the old adage: A friend in need is a friend indeed. A friend
is someone who ‘walks in when everyone else walks out.’ The three most
endearing qualities that I have found in true friends are, returning love for
hate; second, including the excluded; third, admitting they are wrong.

Friendship is a golden chain,
made stronger with each day,

The links are forged of
memories of things we do and say,

The thoughtful things you say
and do, make up the links fo gold.,

That I will treasure through
the years and in my heart will hold.

Happy Friendship Day!  


Worried about money?
Lose those worries by adding a second paycheck with Strong Future International. Get started FREE. Start seeing money within a few weeks. Learn more at:



 
For more info Inbox mercutio.peters@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment