Thursday 21 November 2013

A Week Of Gratitude – Sound


A Week Of Gratitude – Sound

StethHere are five sounds that have especially gladdened my heart:
  1. The BBC World Service in the middle of the night when I can’t sleep.  The Beeb has been my radio companion since I was a boy and the World Service has kept me good company in France, Japan and now in the States.  I’m totally addicted.
  2. The throaty roar of a fine sports car.  Especially any 12-cylinder Ferrari.  No, seriously.  I’m a bit of a gear-head.  Intoxicating!
  3. Ocean waves smashing themselves against the beach.  Particularly if heard from a bedroom as I’m falling asleep.  Nature’s finest tranquilizer.
  4. Hearty laughter – both from adults and children.  The laughter is different, but both kinds fill me with wild joy.
  5. Spem in Alium – this 40-part Renaissance motet by Thomas Tallis is the most sublime music I’ve ever heard.  If the choirs of angels are this good, we’re in for a treat.
Your turn.
Pat 
1. Ave Maria being sung at Midnight Mass at Christmas.
2. Crows and Blue Jays calling in the fall.
3. The call of a silent sunset echoing deep within one’s heart, “See me, know that I am present.”
4. The voice of another saying, “I love you.”
5. The crackling roar of a camp fire in a quiet night.
How would you like to hear a call that goes something like this?
WOW!
95% off!
SEE TODAY'S AUCTIONS
SAI KRISHNA B. just won this Coby Kyros 7-Inch Android 4.0 4 GB Internet Tablet 16:9 Capacitive Multi-Touch Widescreen with Built-In Camera (Retail Price $179.99) for just $8.01!
IT COULD HAVE BEEN YOURSFOR $8.02!*
This is just one of hundreds of incredible deals and products available. Come check us out!
* Plus cost of bids, if any

http://www.tripleclicks.com/12392488/pbgw
 
Check out the amazing gift-giving ideas for the season

No comments:

Post a Comment