Tuesday 19 November 2013

A Week Of Gratitude – Sight

A Week Of Gratitude – Sight

Opera Glasses.lowI want to spend a week thanking God for all the gifts that I have received through my senses.  Each day this week, I’ll recall a few of the gifts given through the traditional five senses.
Five of the most amazing things I’ve seen:
  1. In the Vatican Art Museum many years ago, I wandered into a small chapel that had been designed, built and decorated by Fra Angelico. It was so beautiful that it literally took my breath away
  2. The haut-relief on the outside of the Choir enclosure at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris.  The story of our salvation told in 3-dimensional colored wood and plaster (?)   Simply astounding.
  3. I know I should probably say the Grand Canyon or somewhere equally impressive but, for me, Banbas Crown at the most northerly tip of Ireland is what most shouts out the glory of God’s creation.
  4. In the Frick Collection in New York City, there is a painting of a suburban 19th Century London scene titled Early Summer Morning, Mortlake TerraceIt is my favorite painting in the world and I make the security guards at the museum nervous because I stand before it for so long each time I visit.
  5. The Dai Butsu [Great Outdoor Buddha] at Kamakura, Japan.  I was once fortunate enough to be alone at the statue as snow began falling softly upon it.  Sublime.
Okay, now it’s your turn.  What images make your heart sing with gratitude to God?
- See more at: http://peopleforothers.loyolapress.com/2010/02/a-week-of-gratitude-sight/#sthash.VGCRnOUX.dpuf









StrawberryNET has new holiday deals for you to take advantage of! Available TODAYthrough 11/24, StrawberryNET is offering a FREE GIFT with every purchase greater than $75!
http://www.kqzyfj.com/click-7083480-11600993

Stay tuned for more amazing offers as we continue through the month of November.

StrawberryNET has some special Daily Christmas Specials for our visitors to save big this Holiday Season! Available TODAY through 12/25, StrawberryNET is offering up to 70% Off on Daily Christmas Specials! Up to 70% Off! Valid 11/7 - 12/25 

http://www.anrdoezrs.net/click-7083480-11585135



No comments:

Post a Comment