Thursday 21 November 2013

A Week of Gratitude – Smell


A Week of Gratitude – Smell

by GUEST on NOVEMBER 15,
smellSmell. It is the last sense when we list them and the first we’d let go when posed a “would you rather” question. But smell allows us to taste, and that is something I would never relinquish.
I like this relationship between smell and taste, because it is not unlike what reflection enables in my life. I can chew it up and swallow it, but I cannot know its significance without reflection.
When I am too busy for this kind of prayerful consideration, I come down with a spiritual cold. With blocked passages, I eventually become unable to do anything including that which is keeping me so busy. In these moments, I should follow the steps of getting rid of a real cold: make a cup of tea, curl up on the couch, and rest. In the resting, I will again be able to notice where I feel close to God and when, and perhaps why, I feel distant. As much as smell is essential to taste, so too is reflection to living fully.
As the scents of cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin, and turkey waft our way this season, I invite you to consider a well-known song. Instead of “Taste and See” though, I offer “Smell and Taste” as a reminder to notice God’s goodness for us all!
A truly Global Shopping experience! Don’t miss out on our Special Offers this gift-giving season.
103,670
Products & Services
from more than 160 countries around the world!

It's easy when your customers can get brand-name products like these for up to 99% off retail!
Check out  our  Penny Auctions and Pricebenders.

PRICEBENDERS™ Penny Auctions allow you to bid on and win hot,name brand products for a fraction of the retail price (typically more than 90% off)!

Every auction starts at just one cent, with the price going up by just one cent more for each bid placed. The result is usually a jaw-dropping low price!

TripleClicks   
1,920,049 Members
203 Countries with Members
105,664 Products (View latest)
5,315 ECAs (View newest ECAs)

No comments:

Post a Comment