Tuesday 14 January 2014

Have you been spent? And if so, on what?


A young man who had been raised as an atheist was training to be an Olympic diver. The only religious influence in his life came from his outspoken Christian friend. The young diver never really paid much attention to his friend's sermons, but he heard them often. 

One night the diver went to the indoor pool at the college he attended. The lights were all off, but as the pool had big skylights and the moon was bright, there was plenty of light to practice by. The young man climbed up to the highest diving board and as he turned his back to the pool on the edge of the board and extended his arms out, he saw his shadow on the wall. 

The shadow of his body was in the shape of a cross. Instead of diving, he knelt down and asked God to come into his life. 

As the young man stood, a maintenance man walked in and turned the lights on. The pool had been drained for repairs. 


*****

Somebody once asked me why I included spirituality with such alacrity in my press releases. I was taken aback by the question and gave it some deep thought. I realized then I was'nt upset with the person because he questioned my belief  but was really upset with myself for having taken that persons acceptance for granted.
Its then that I decided that I will sing my song, dance my dance and if someone profited from it, very good, if not, very good. After all 'the nature of the rain is the same yet it brings forth thorns in the bush and flowers in the garden!' And what variety! What a burst of colors! 

My bet is that God isn’t going to ask us, “Have you been saved?” but “Have you been spent? And if so, on what?” — Margaret Si 


A GLOBAL HOME BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY 
Thinking about starting a home business? Not sure where to begin? Start your home business on a rock-solid base! Consider teaming up with us. Since 1985, we've helped tens of thousands of men and women worldwide build successful home businesses. And we can help you, too. Find home business success stories and information on getting started at: www.sfi4.com/12392488/FREE

No comments:

Post a Comment