Wednesday 15 January 2014

Everything I need for success is on the inside of me


Everyone in the village got "pilgrimage fever" and everyone got busy packing up some traveling clothes and food for the road. All except for Nasrudin, who watched them laboring away. Soon, all of the village: the men, women, and children, were heading out to Mecca. They were singing songs and shouting with great excitement about how they were off to find God. 

They got about one mile away, when Nasrudin suddenly riding up on his donkey, shouting about some terrible emergency. 
They caught the donkey and made him tell them what the problem was. "I'm trying to find my donkey! Where is my donkey?" 
"Why, Nasrudin, you're sitting on top of your donkey," answered the villagers. 
"Oh really. Is that so? And why are you all going on a pilgrimage to find God?" 

******

In my quest for answers I noticed that nobody ever told me that everything I needed for 'success' was on the inside of me. It was always do this, that or the other, Try this that or the other. Buy this, that or the other. Until one day I fell! deep into an abyss of quietude, deafening silence. Not a word was spoken, and we watched each other, I and Me. I, slowly but painstakingly removed the layers of  'learning' showing me its real worth. One by one, I unwrapped the package that I really was and Me watched too mesmerized to ask. Everything was what Me knew and I didnt explain, it  was clear that to get out of this abyss we had to work together, and in mutual silence we did.  Me intuitively knew that I had to remove the 'baggage' for us to make it back to the top. We are still climbing, little by little, step by step, and I can see the 'light' at the end of the tunnel. ...... "Every great idea starts as a blasphemy" Bertrand Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment