Thursday 19 December 2013

A Grown–Ups Christmas List


I came across the tune and lyrics of this song today popularized by Amy Grant. It struck me to the core of my being because even if it is not worded the same way, these are some of the petitions that I bring to prayer everyday during Laud (LOH), for it expresses the longing that I present to God. Am I being naive for having such an optimistic view that God will answer my prayer, and that he holds the key to “oneness” in this chaotic world? I am not being naive. I firmly believe in God. That His will, will not lead me to where His Grace will not protect and provide for me!
Listen to the song. Its beautiful, Soulful and Uplifting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=O2R9VJiQKmE#!

Grown–Ups Christmas List
(Amy Grant)
Do you remember me
I sat upon your knee
I wrote to you with childhood fantasies
Well I’m all grown-up now
And still need help somehow
I’m not a child
But my heart still can dream
So here’s my lifelong wish
My grown-up Christmas list
Not for myself
But for a world in need
[Chorus:]\
No more lives torn apart
That wars would never start
And time would heal all hearts
Everyone would have a friend
And right would always win
And love would never end
This is my grown-up Christmas list
As children we believed
The grandest sight to see
Was something lovely
Wrapped beneath our tree
Well heaven surely knows
That packages and bows
Can never heal a hurting human soul.
(Chorus)


FREE INTERNET BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY
Work at home on the Internet. Free quick courses show you how. We supply free training to start your business. There is no cost to you. Start part time and make money in your spare time. All you have to do is sign up atwww.sfi4.com/12392488/FREE




No comments:

Post a Comment